Success in any situation requires proper planning and preparing for your first CoolSculpting session is no exception. Proper planning prior to and on the day of your New Image Body Sculpting session will help you to reach your body shaping goals.
A CoolSculpting procedure is a non-invasive way to eliminate stubborn body fat. The session is a combination of a cool gel, suction and massage over the desired areas. Since your skin is the most affected during this procedure, protect it in advance by:
- Avoiding tanning the area being treated as tanning makes your skin more sensitive.
- Speak with your family doctor if you take prescription or over-the-counter blood-thinning medications. This includes aspirin and St. John’s Wart. These medications make you more likely to bruise after the treatment, so seek ways of eliminating or changing your medications one week before your session.
- Be mindful of activities that may cause scrapes, sores or bruising in the treatment area, as your session may be delayed if the skin is damaged.
- Eliminate smoking as this can slow your recovery process.
- Choose a healthy, low-fat diet to see faster results and give your body the nutrients it requires to heal.
- Your CoolSculpting session lasts a minimum of one hour. Some people choose to read, watch a movie, browse the web, or nap. Please bring a book, iPad or smart phone with you to keep you occupied during the session. Other things to consider the day of treatment include:
- Our staff take photos before and after the treatment so you can see the results as your care plan progresses.
- The cool gel may get onto your undergarments. Please wear undergarments that are concealing and comfortable, but consider bringing a change of clothes.
- Arrive in loose, comfortable clothing that gently touch your skin.
- Prior to your appointment, eat a small meal or snack to maintain your blood sugar, mood and energy during your session.
- Stay hydrated by drinking water to help your body remove the toxins and aid in your body-shaping results.
- Relax during and after your session. Remember to breathe deeply and focus your thoughts on the body you desire.
- Ask questions so you have a successful session and understand what to expect during and after your CoolSculpting treatment.